A journey by Air

A journey by Air 


 I had a great desire for a journey by plane.

An opportunity for an air journey came when my father took us to New Delhi.

Father had the tickets booked well in advance.

On the Day of journey, we went by car to bum dum airport.

After reporting ourselves,we showed our tickets at a counter inside the terminal building of the airport.

Our suitcases were taken to be kept in the luggage cabin.

Then we entered the security enclosure for necessary checking.

Time for boarding the plane was announced.

We now went into the plane by climbing the stairs. 

I felt excited and exulted as well.

We were greeted by a fair looking air hostess.

Then the time for departure came.

The air hostess wished us all a happy journey and directed us to fasten the seat belts around our waists. 

It was a huge jet plane with the capacity of one hundred odd passengers.

It was 7 a.m. when the plane took off.

It moved along a mile long runway with a gradually increasing speed.

Then it began to fly smoothly up into the sky.

 I had a feeling which I never experienced in life before.

Next the air hostess visited us and gave us packets of instant freshener paper napkins to rub our hands and faces.

We were given lozenges and chocolates which I relished.

Perhaps I enjoyed the journey more sitting just behind the window from where I could see the wonderful sights below.

Everything looked so small from such a great height.

I could see the vast expanse of greenery of North India.

When we were nearing the end of our two hour journey the air hostess directed us to fasten our seat belts. 

Now the plane was flying down.

We could feel we were going down.

Then the plane landed Safdarjung Airport.

 The air hostess bade us good bye.

We went to the terminal building for receiving of our suitcases and then went to Ashoka Hotel by taxi.

........................



No comments:

Post a Comment

A Journey In a Crowded Bus

A Journey In a Crowded Bus A few days back,I had a bitter experience of a journey in a crowded bus. Father and myself were waiting at garia-...