A Journey By Train


A Journey By Train

 I had a great desire to go on a journey by train.

My dream came true when my father planned to go to South India on a visit in the last summer vacation.

On 25th May last, I, along with other members of our family, arrived at Howrah Station at 2 p.m. to catch the Coromondel Express.

Father had our seats reserved well in advance.

We boarded the train and took our seats in time.

I was lucky enough to have a seat by the window.

Most of the passengers in the compartment were Bengales.

They were also going to South India to enjoy the vacation.

However, the train started at the right time and soon it picked up great speed.

In no time,I forgot everything and only looked outside.

The first half was at Kharagpur .

As the train stopped, the hawkers entered the compartment to sell their articles.

Soon the train started again and our next halt was at baleswar.

Then we had our supper and after some time went to sleep.

I took the upper berth and soon fell fast asleep.

I woke up early next morning and started enjoying the wavy landscapes of Orissa and Andhra Pradesh.

At long last, our train reached Chennai in the evening.

Thus, our delightful journey came to a close.

.........................



No comments:

Post a Comment

A Journey In a Crowded Bus

A Journey In a Crowded Bus A few days back,I had a bitter experience of a journey in a crowded bus. Father and myself were waiting at garia-...